Internet Travel Monitor - Industry News
Cvent released its annual lists of Top Meeting Hotels for meetings and events worldwide. The list was compiled by analyzing meeting and event booking activity through the Cvent Supplier Network (CSN), one of the world's largest venue sourcing platforms. More than $16 billion and more than 42 million room nights were sourced through the CSN in 2018. Cvent's Top Meeting Hotels lists rank hotels based on group business performance according to various criteria, including total requests for proposals (RFPs) and conversion rate.
May 22, 2019
Cvent Unveils Lists of Top Meeting Hotels in the U.S., Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific for 2019
Annual lists highlight top performing group business hotels worldwide
"The hotels featured on this year's lists are elevating their group business strategy through innovative digital marketing and quick and complete online responses to RFPs - which is exactly what event professionals want," said Chris McAndrews, vice president of marketing for Cvent Hospitality Cloud. "Our Top Meeting Hotels lists are consistently used by event organizers to find great hotels and by hoteliers looking to set themselves apart to increase their property's group business revenue."
"Being recognized as the highest-ranking hotel on this year's list is a testament to our team and our continued dedication to providing exceptional service and amenities that event organizers and attendees look for," said Tod Roadarmel, Area Director of Sales & Marketing, Omni Nashville Hotel, which took the number one position in the U.S. this year. "With three properties in the Top 10 from Nashville, we are proud to be leading the list and to support Nashville's position as a prime destination for meetings and events."
To address increased demand and buyer preferences, Cvent unveiled additional Top Meeting Hotel lists which segment hotels further based on commonly searched attributes including meeting space square footage and region-specific locales. These lists include: Top 25 Independent Meeting Hotels in the United States, Top 25 Meeting Hotels in Australia, and Top 50 Meeting Hotels in Germany, among others.
Top 10 Meeting Hotels by Region
|Top 10 Hotels in the United States
||Top 10 Hotels in Europe
||Top 10 Hotels in the Middle East & Africa
||Top 10 Hotels in Asia Pacific
|Omni Nashville Hotel
||JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
||Hyatt Regency Sydney
|JW Marriott Austin
||Melia Castilla Hotel & Convention Center Madrid
||InterContinental Dubai - Festival City
||Grand Hyatt Singapore
|ARIA Resort & Casino
||Grand Hyatt Dubai
||Grand Hyatt Seoul
||Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
|Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
||Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
||Pan Pacific Singapore
|Renaissance Nashville Hotel
||Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
||Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Waterfront
|Hyatt Regency Atlanta
||Le Meridien Etoile
||Movenpick Hotel Mansour Eddahbi & Palais des Congres Marrakech
||Sheraton Roma Hotel & Conference Center
||Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg
||Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
|Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
||Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
||Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
||ANA InterContinental Tokyo
|The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood
||Hilton London Metropole
||The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
||Marina Bay Sands Singapore
U.S. List Highlights
- Five new properties have broken into the Top 10:
- Fairmont Austin (Ranked 4th)
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel (Ranked 6th)
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta (Ranked 7th)
- Hilton Austin (Ranked 8th)
- The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood (Ranked 10th)
- Newcomers to the Top 100 list include Boca Raton Resort and Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, The Westin Charlotte, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa, Omni Louisville Hotel, Sheraton Atlanta, and Hotel del Coronado Curio Collection by Hilton to name a few.
- Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt (in that order) are the top three hotel chains represented on the Top 100 list.
Europe List Highlights
- Hilton Prague retained its number one position as the Top Meeting Hotel.
- Hilton properties took four of the top 10 spots for generating the most group business in Europe: Hilton Prague, Hilton Barcelona, Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, and Hilton London Metropole in that order.
- Seven unique countries make up the top ten rankings: Austria, Czech Republic, England, France, Italy, Netherlands, and Spain.
- Spain and Germany represent the largest selection of hotels on the list with 12 and 8 respectively, in the Top 50, including the following chains and brands:
- AccorHotels, Hilton, IHG, Marriott International Hotels, Melia Hotels International, NH Hotel Group, and Radisson Hotel Group.
- Marriott, Hilton, and IHG (in that order) are the top three hotel chains represented on the Top 50 list.
The Middle East and Africa List Highlights
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai retained its number one position as the Top Meeting Hotel.
- Seven other properties in Dubai round out the Top 10, highlighting the continued interest in hosting meetings and events in the Dubai area:
- InterContinental Dubai - Festival City (ranked 2nd)
- Grand Hyatt Dubai (ranked 3rd)
- Conrad Dubai (ranked 4th)
- Fairmont Dubai (ranked 5th)
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Waterfront (ranked 6th)
- Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai (ranked 9th)
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre (ranked 10th)
- Newcomers to the Top 25 list include Movenpick Hotel Mansour Eddahbi & Palais des Congres Marrakech, InterContinental David Tel Aviv, The Meydan Hotel, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, and Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino to name a few.
- Marriott, AccorHotels, and IHG are the top three hotel chains represented on the list.
Asia Pacific (APAC) List Highlights
- Hyatt Regency Sydney retained its number one position as the Top Meeting Hotel.
- Five new properties have broken into the Top 10:
- Grand Hyatt Singapore (ranked 2nd)
- Grand Hyatt Seoul (ranked 3rd)
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (ranked 4th)
- ANA InterContinental Tokyo (ranked 9th)
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore (ranked 10th)
- There are 17 new properties to the Top 50 list including Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park, Millennium Seoul Hilton, Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour, PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney, Resorts World Sentosa Singapore, and Grand Hyatt Tokyo among others.
- Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott are the top three hotel chains represented on the Top 50 list.