May 25, 2022
2022’s Best Hotel Rewards Programs Save Members 11.8% - WalletHub Study
With a busy summer travel season expected and consumers confronted by record inflation, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its picks for 2022’s Best Hotel Rewards Programs to help travelers maximize their savings.
WalletHub’s study ranks the 10 largest U.S. hotel chains’ rewards programs based on 21 key metrics, including the average value of a point, point expiration policies, and the volatility of award-night pricing. WalletHub’s study also includes a handy calculator that allows travelers to customize the results based on their specific spending habits. Please find key takeaways below, followed by commentary from WalletHub experts (audio and video files included).
- Radisson Takes the Top Spot. Radisson Rewards Americas is the best hotel loyalty program for travelers of all spending levels in 2022, earning an average WalletHub Score of 73 out of 100.
Best Hotel Rewards Programs:
- Radisson Rewards Americas
- World of Hyatt
- Wyndham Rewards
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Hilton Honors
- Members Save an Average of 11.8%. The five best hotel rewards programs save their members an average of $11.83 for every $100 spent.
- Less Rewards Value in 2022. Hotel rewards programs are offering 3% less value now than they did one year ago, on average.
- Rewards That Never Expire Are Rare. Best Western and Sonesta are the only major hotel chains whose points do not expire due to account inactivity.
- Best Hotel Credit Card of 2022. The IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card is the best hotel credit card of 2022, according to WalletHub’s editors. It stands out because it is affordable and highly rewarding.
Copyright 2022 Evolution Finance, Inc. All rights reserved. From https://wallethub.com.
To view all articles, check out the
Internet Travel Monitor Archive