November 01, 2023
2023’s Best Winter Holiday Destinations
Ahead of a winter that will see above-average snowfall and normal to colder-than-normal temperatures, according to the latest forecast from the Old Farmer’s Almanac, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its 2023’s Best Winter Holiday Destinations report.
Focusing on cost and convenience rather than scenic beauty, WalletHub compared nearly 70 of the largest U.S. metro areas grouped by warm and cold weather. Each destination was analyzed based on 37 key metrics, primarily the expense and hassle of traveling to each location but also on other indicators, such as weather forecasts, safety and variety of activities.
Here’s a quick glimpse at some of the report’s most interesting findings:
Best vs. Worst
- The average flight to a popular cold winter destination costs $399.05, lasts 3 hours and 35 minutes, and has 0.34 connections. In comparison, the average flight to a popular warm winter destination costs $503.55, lasts 5 hours and 26 minutes, and has 0.58 connections.
- Among cold destinations, Chicago, Illinois, has the lowest price for a three-star hotel room, $39, which is 3.5 times lower than Worcester, Massachusetts, the city with the highest at $135.
- Among warm destinations, San Antonio has the lowest price for a three-star hotel room, $50, which is 3.9 times lower than Honolulu, the city with the highest at $196.
- Among cold destinations, Chicago has the most restaurants (per square root of population), 6.154833, which is 6.2 times more than in Bridgeport, Connecticut, the city with the fewest at 0.991192.
- Among warm destinations, Miami has the most restaurants (per square root of population), 7.598659, which is 29.4 times more than in Deltona, Florida, the city with the fewest at 0.258407.
Copyright 2023 Evolution Finance, Inc. All rights reserved. From https://wallethub.com.
To view all articles, check out the
Internet Travel Monitor Archive