One fine body…
January 02, 2019
5 SPA Trends for 2019 Reveal People Look for Nature Immersion and Overall Well-Being
ÒThis year, we have been observing the Òback to natureÓ SPA trend. We often hear from our guests that their SPA hotel choice depends on the proximity to a forest and the type of natural treatments it can offer. We believe that in 2019 this trend will keep evolving and people will crave nature as a source of wellbeing, both in their surroundings and their treatmentsÓ, said Keþstutis Ramanauskas, Director of Health Resort in Druskininkai, Lithuanian SPA town that has centuries-old wellness traditions.
According to SPA and wellness experts of Druskininkai, these are the five main trends they expect to see growing in popularity in 2019:
1. Going on a long SPAcation. The new trend is to go on vacation to a SPA hotel and enjoy daily treatments. SPA centers offer holiday packages and best deals for those who are willing to stay for more than few days, luring more people into trying new procedures. SPAcation can include active leisure, health-promoting exercise packages and authentic dining experiences.
2. Forest bathing. Shinrin-Yoku is a Japanese practice of forest bathing known to open up the mysterious power of a forest and use it for therapy and healing. This therapy, which includes taking long walks in the forest, is expected to become popular around the world in 2019, as people are taking a more proactive and holistic approach towards their health. Forest bathing is proven to reduce the levels of cortisol, alleviate depression, relieve stress and have a positive effect on blood pressure.
3. SPA for children. Over the past few years, children have been following the example of their parents and embracing SPAs - and this is not going to stop. According to the International SPA Association, more than half of the almost 14,000 SPAs in the USA offer packages for families, teens or kids - and Europe is following close in their footsteps. Children-friendly areas are taking over the SPA centers - from specialised kids-friendly saunas to salt therapy. A variety of procedures is designed to keep children entertained while they are getting healthier. Even the beauty procedures can be adapted to childrenÕs needs.
4. Heat and mud are popular again. Hammam beds, mud therapy, saunas - ways to relax and rehabilitate that have been around for hundreds of years - are becoming increasingly popular because people are re-discovering their health benefits. Innovative SPA centers are turning these procedures into luxurious and unique experiences by supplementing them with locally-grown herbs, essential oils and top-quality cosmetics.
5. Precious metals and stones used for treatments. Healing qualities of precious metals and stones - such as silver, gold, pearls and amber - are being re-discovered. They will be increasingly used for health and beauty procedures. Silver ion baths are said to improve wellbeing and skin tone. They also relax the body and mind, reduce fatigue and restore the energy balance. Amber releases amber acid into the environment when the right temperature is reached, affecting the nervous system and relieving stress. Gold keeps skin radiant and can even treat various skin diseases and infections due to its antibacterial qualities.
Copyright 2019 Druskininkai, Lithuania. All rights reserved. From http://info.druskininkai.lt/new/en/.
To view all articles, check out the Internet Travel Monitor Archive