January 25, 2023
8 Things Men Will Love About Traveling on a Cruise Ship
Cruise Ships Designed with Men in Mind
One need only take a cursory glance at today’s cruise ships, say cruising specialists at CruiseCompete, to appreciate that cruise ships are increasingly being designed with men in mind.
Whether accompanied by family, traveling solo, or on a “guy’s cruise,” men of all ages will never lack for the countless amenities that have been designed for their travel benefit.
Consider but a few of the reasons any man is likely to find their travel excursion unforgettable:
- Unlimited food – any time of the day. Casual buffets and bistro-style cafes offer light menu items. Want a burger or pizza during the wee hours? No problem - on virtually all ships, you can order pizza or room service 24 hours a day. While specialty restaurants tend to offer a reservations-only dining experience, most eateries are open dining, with casual attire welcome.
- Alcohol and Cigar Bars. For those over 21, international brewers showcase signature and specialty beers and sponsor special onboard beer-tasting parties. For the more sophisticated palate, the lines offer wine-tasting opportunities and cigar bars.
- Let the Good Times (& the Dice) Roll. For the "gambling man", virtually all ocean cruise ships feature floating casinos. Favorites like blackjack, roulette, poker, craps and slot machines are invariably available, and numerous cruise ports also feature land-based casinos.
- Any Time Is Tee Time. For men whose preference is the links rather than the pool or beach, golf can still be enjoyed at sea. The current technology of on-board computerized golf simulators is nothing short of amazing, and many cruise lines have expanded their shore excursion offerings to include some of the world's most picturesque and challenging golf. An increasing number of vessels even have putting greens/golf amenities included on an upper deck.
- Hit the Gym. If you’re in the mood to work off some of those culinary calories, most ships have outstanding running tracks and state-of-the-art gyms/equipment. Nothing like breathing in the fresh sea air during your workout!
- Spa Services. Cruise industry reports indicate that nearly one-third of spa guests are men. And why not? Whether enjoying massages, facials and pedicures – or other popular services such as aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and thalassotherapy (seawater-based treatments) – men can appreciate spa amenities just as well as anyone else.
- Entertainment Extravaganzas. Cruise lines invest heavily in their entertainment programs, featuring productions of multimillion-dollar, special effects-laden extravaganzas. Many of the best Broadway shows, award-winning magic acts, and top-headliner comedians are designed with men in mind.
- Miscellaneous Adventures. Many cruise ships invariably feature such innovations as bowling alleys, Flowrider surfing pools, winding water slides and challenging rock-climbing walls. More than a few cruise lines also own their own private islands that include such amenities as beach and water sports, snorkeling, boat and kayak rentals, and hiking and sightseeing opportunities.
Copyright 2023 CruiseCompete. All rights reserved. From https://www.cruisecompete.com.
To view all articles, check out the
Internet Travel Monitor Archive