Pause in Service Extended, In Combination with Gradual Schedule from Select Homeports
Carnival Cruise Line announced their plan to phase in a resumption in our North American service this summer, beginning on August 1 with a total of eight ships from Miami, Port Canaveral and Galveston. In connection with this plan, the pause in operations will be extended in all other North American and Australian markets through August 31.
The key elements of this plan include:
- All North American cruises from June 27 to July 31 will be cancelled.
- Beginning August 1, the cruise line plans to resume cruises on the following ships:
- Galveston: Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista
- Miami: Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Sensation
- Port Canaveral: Carnival Breeze and Carnival Elation.
- Other than the above referenced service from Galveston, Miami, and Port Canaveral, all other North American and Australian homeport cruises will be cancelled through August 31.
- All Carnival Spirit Alaskan cruises from Seattle will be cancelled, as well as the Carnival Spirit Vancouver-Honolulu cruise on September 25 and the Honolulu-Brisbane transpacific cruise on October 6.
- All Carnival Splendor cruises in Australia from June 19 to August 31 will be cancelled.
Impacted guests and their travel advisors are being notified by email, including options for a combined future cruise credit (FCC) and onboard credit (OBC) package, or a full refund. Booked guests can make their selection online, alleviating the need to contact Carnival's customer service center, which is still operating in a work-from-home status due to locally-imposed office closures in South Florida.
The announcement said they are committed to supporting all public health efforts to manage the COVID-19 situation. They are taking a measured approach, focusing their return to service on a select number of homeports where they have more significant operations that are easily accessible by car for the majority of their guests.
The cruise line will use this additional time to continue to engage experts, government officials and stakeholders on additional protocols and procedures to protect the health and safety of their guests, crew and communities served. They appreciate the understanding and support of guests and travel agent partners and look forward to welcoming them on board as the environment for travel and tourism improves.
Copyright 2020 Carnival Corporation. All rights reserved. From https://www.carnival.com.