October 19, 2022
Expedia Releases Top Air Hacks for U.S. Travelers Ahead of Holiday Season
Report reveals cheapest days to book and travel and how to avoid flight delays
Today, Expedia® released its 2023 Air Travel Hacks Report, providing the latest essential tips to save travelers time and money on flights. Created in partnership with Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) and leveraging insights from its global air ticketing database, the annual report has become an authority for eight years running on air travel trends, revealing data-backed hacks for travelers.
Top tips from the 2023 Air Travel Hacks report include:
- Book airfare on a Sunday to save up to 15%. Travelers who book on Sundays instead of Fridays tend to save, on average, around 5% on domestic flights and 15% on international flights.
- Book at least a month before domestic flights and six months before international flights to save 10%. Travelers that booked in these periods saved 10% on average compared to those who waited until the last minute.
- Depart before 3 p.m. to reduce chance of cancellations. Based on year-to-date flight status data, flights that depart after 3 p.m. have a 50% higher chance, on average, of being delayed than those that depart earlier in the day.
- Depart on a Wednesday to save up to 15%. Avoid departing Saturday – Monday, which are the priciest days, on average, to start a trip.
- Plan using price alerts. Take the guess work out of deciding when to book with the Price Tracking and Prediction feature on the Expedia app, which uses exclusive data to pinpoint the best time to book and notifies travelers when flight prices change.
Copyright 2022 Expedia, Inc., an Expedia Group company. All rights reserved. From https://www.expedia.com.
To view all articles, check out the
Internet Travel Monitor Archive