10Best is taking a look back at all the new hotels, restaurants and attractions that welcomed guests for the first time this past year, even in the midst of a pandemic. In order to crown the best debuts, we asked our readers to vote for their favorite new openings in four categories.
Click on each category below to see the full list of winners:
Best New Amusement Park Attraction: Orion at Kings Island in Mason, Ohio
Orion joins the roller coaster lineup at Kings Island as only the seventh giga coaster (coasters that have a drop of 300 to 399 feet) in the world. Thrill seekers plummet down a 300-foot drop to kick things off. The ride reaches speeds up to 91 mph along the 5,321 feet of track.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Amusement Park Attraction are as follows:
Best New Attraction: U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Orion at Kings Island - Mason, Ohio
- The Bourne Stuntacular at Universal Studios Florida - Orlando
- Cheetah Chase at Holiday World - Santa Claus, Indiana
- Candymonium at Hersheypark - Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Texas Stingray at SeaWorld San Antonio
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland - Anaheim, California
- Mystic River Falls at Silver Dollar City - Branson, Missouri
- West Coast Racers at Six Flags Magic Mountain - Valencia, California
- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Orlando
- Catwoman Whip at Six Flags Over Georgia - Austell, Georgia
This new museum honors the athletes and ideals of the Olympic and Paralympic Games. The 60,000-square-foot facility comprises 12 interactive galleries with some of the most accessible museum experiences in the world. Team USA athletes consulted on the project to ensure an authentic experience.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Attraction are as follows:
Best New Hotel: Grand Hyatt Nashville in Tennessee
- U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum - Colorado Springs, Colorado
- St. Pete Pier - St. Petersburg, Florida
- The Forge: Lemont Quarries - Lemont, Illinois
- Mississippi Aquarium - Gulfport, Mississippi
- MassArt Art Museum - Boston
- Planet Word - Washington, DC
- Electric Playhouse - Albuquerque
- National Native American Veterans Memorial - Washington, DC
- National Museum of the United States Army - Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- National Museum of Military Vehicles - Dubois, Wyoming
This 591-room luxury hotel in Nashville is part of the new 18-acre Nashville Yards development. Highlights include a fifth-floor pool deck with views of downtown, R+R Wellness spa, seven culinary experiences and one of the tallest rooftop lounges in the city.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Hotel are as follows:
Best New Restaurant: Tempest in Charleston, South Carolina
- Grand Hyatt Nashville - Nashville
- Hotel Haya - Tampa
- The Abbey Inn & Spa - Peekskill, New York
- The Joseph - Nashville
- The Roxbury at Stratton Falls - Roxbury, New York
- Brenton Hotel - Newport, Rhode Island
- Graduate Tucson - Tucson, Arizona
- Higgins Hotel - New Orleans
- LOTTE HOTEL SEATTLE - Seattle
- Surety Hotel - Des Moines, Iowa
This new upscale seafood restaurant, housed in the former historic Harriott Pinckney Home for Sailors, serves local, sustainable South Atlantic seafood with a seasonal menu from "Top Chef" alumnus Jamie Lynch.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Restaurant are as follows:
- Tempest - Charleston, South Carolina
- Knife & Spoon - Orlando
- Wit & Wisdom Sonoma - Sonoma, California
- Water Pig BBQ - Pensacola, Florida
- Island Vintage Wine Bar - Honolulu
- Tempus - St. Louis
- Via Locusta - Philadelphia
- Maker's Mark Hobbit House - Richmond, Rhode Island
- Halekulani Bakery & Restaurant - Honolulu
- Zacatlán - Santa Fe, New Mexico
Congratulations to all our best of 2020 winners!
Copyright 2021 www.10best.com. All rights reserved. From https://www.10best.com. By 10Best Editors.