RVshare Survey Reveals Latest Trends as COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution Ramps Up
RVshare revealed findings from a new Travel Sentiment survey, gauging consumers' plans and willingness to travel in the lead up to spring and summer. According to RVshare's new survey, 83% of consumers are ready to pack their bags to travel in the coming months. From family reunions and much-needed adventures, vaccinations remain an important factor with almost half (48%) saying it is important for them or their family to be vaccinated before traveling.
More Spring and Summer Travel Trends Include:
People Prefer Road Trips This Season
67% of consumers are likely to consider traveling by RV this summer, showing how a reluctance to fly, paired with the ease of travel and social distancing provided by RVs, continues to make RVs an attractive alternative.
Cabin Fever is Driving Travel Interest
- Travelers are still weary of hitting the runway, with 54% saying they are unlikely to consider flying.
As we approach the one-year mark of the pandemic and the beginning of remote work and play, close to one-third of consumers (30%) say the main reason for wanting to travel is needing a break from home.
National Parks and Outdoor Adventures Top Beach Destinations
- 18% of consumers say their desire to travel is driven by hope that the vaccine will be widely distributed by summer, making it safer to travel.
- 15% of consumers want to travel to see their families.
Almost half of consumers (45%) want to travel somewhere in nature, far outpacing other destinations like beaches (20%) or major cities (2%).
Seniors are Packing Their Suitcases
- 45% of consumers also said they are planning to take a "re-do" vacation this summer, a trip that was planned pre-COVID and was canceled due to the pandemic.
- As consumers look to make these travel plans, 31% will book at least three months ahead of time, while 29% will book just one to two months in advance.
Seniors (ages 55 and up) are ready to travel, with 79% saying they are likely to roam this summer, including 64% who are likely to consider an RV trip this summer.
- 57% said they are unlikely to fly to their destination.
- 58% said they feel it is important to be vaccinated before traveling.
Copyright 2021 RVshare. All rights reserved. From http://www.rvshare.com.