The City of Houston now boasts the only 5-Star rated airport throughout the state of Texas and North America after William P. Hobby Airport achieved a 5-Star Airport status in the Skytrax World Airport Star Rating for 2022.
The Skytrax World Airport Star Rating is a global benchmark of quality evaluation for the aviation industry. Airports are rated between a 1-Star and 5-Star level following a detailed audit analysis of facilities and staff service to customers across all front-line areas of the airport environment.
Hobby Airport excelled in all 29 rating categories, achieving the highly coveted 5-Star Rating. The international rating organization also highlighted the airport's "wide range of substantial guest experience upgrades to the terminal interiors, passenger facilities, and customer service initiatives." Recent improvements include a new children's play area, state-of-the-art restroom facilities, modern signage and information systems, a prayer room and a new stage for live music performances, to highlight just a few. Hobby Airport becomes one of just sixteen 5-Star Airports across the world.
The complete list of the World's 5-Star Airports for 2022 include ten hub 5-Star Airports:
- Hamad International Airport
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Houston William P. Hobby Airport
- Istanbul Airport
- Munich Airport
- Seoul Incheon International Airport
- Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport
- Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Tokyo Haneda International Airport
Six 5-Star Regional Airports:
- Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- Chubu Centrair Airport
- Haikou Meilan International Airport
- Platov International Airport Rostov
- Quito Mariscal Sucre International Airport
- Salalah International Airport
Copyright 2022 Houston Airports and Skytrax. All rights reserved. From https:// www.fly2houston.com and https://skytraxratings.com.