Unique venues, hotels and restaurants ranked the highest among consumers when considering locations for hosting events
With summer around the corner, and an imminent surge of demand for experiences and events in the months ahead, Tripleseat and SevenRooms partnered to survey 1,000 U.S. consumers to better understand their feelings about planning events in 2021. According to the data, 72% of events are expected to be held in-person and of the venues chosen, unique venues, hotels and private restaurant space were among the top selected for hosting.
The survey revealed that after a year of birthday, holiday, graduation and anniversary celebrations over Zoom, respondents are ready to get back to event planning. With just under 50% of people planning to host their event outside, restaurants, hotels and venues with an outdoor space should begin promoting these offerings through their marketing and social channels. As consumers ramp up their event planning, operators should continue to leverage connected technology solutions to ensure the event booking and management process is streamlined and as user-friendly as possible.
As events of all kinds are being planned, the survey data revealed that consumers are looking to make up for lost time, especially while the weather is warmer and outdoor space is available. Additional key findings from the survey include:
- Over a third (38%) of respondents plan to have between 1-20 guests, with 32% planning to have under 50
- 70% of survey respondents are planning a birthday party, 47% a holiday party and 30% a wedding
- Budget remains a concern for guests, with 37% indicating their planned event spend as under $1,000, with under $5,000 a close second (25%)
- 30% of respondents shared they will be hosting their event at their home
- More than one in three (34%) said that they will be planning their event with 1-3 months' notice
- The most popular COVID-related safety offerings people look for when booking a venue included outdoor spaces (47%) and socially-distanced floor plans (40%)
Catering is still a promising source of revenue for restaurants, hotels and venues to continue to capitalize on. One in three respondents shared that they still plan to host their event at home, with 51% of those respondents stating they will be catering their at-home event. In the hospitality industry today, it's imperative to have up to date technology solutions with features that allow for contact-free planning, ordering, payments and delivery/pick-up. The more seamless this experience is for customers, the more likely they are to order through a venue today and in the future.
Copyright 2021 Tripleseat. All rights reserved. From https://www.tripleseat.com.